Thursday, November 7, 2013

Team T-Cakes

Do you have a mentor? Tell us about him or her. Are you a mentor to someone else? Tell us what that relationship has added to your life.

Well, it only took me 7 days to ratchet up the mush factor in this month long blogging challenge.  I am beyond blessed to have an extraordinary support system.  Family.  Friends.  Colleagues.  Online community members.  But there is one person who stands out.  My biggest mentor, my most encouraging coach, my loudest cheerleader, my very best friend:  My husband.
yaytiffany
I asked Hubby to draw a picture of him cheering me on.  

Yes yes I know how trite this will all sound, but I really, most people reading this already knew that was what I would say.  Hubby (in the days before he was Hubby) and I had a long standing friendship of several years before we ever entered a romantic relationship.  In the months leading up to our first date, it became clear that he had moved out of the general friendzone into the coveted spot of BFF.  And despite the fact that he earned title of Hubby, he still also occupies that BFF spot.

As a result, Hubby is constantly pushing me to pursue my dreams, big and small.  He makes it possible for me to have the freedom to pursue my interests on a daily basis.  He gives me honest feedback about what things work and what things do not.  He encourages me to step out of my comfort zone, to make connections with people that will end up being mutually beneficial, to take risks, to expand the meaning of the word "creativity".

When I needed to remove gluten from my diet, Hubby never complained about the change in my cooking.  When I wanted to cover our floor with book pages, he supported and helped me.  When I get any type of notoriety, no matter how small scale, he proudly proclaims it from the highest mountain.  He tells me I am beautiful, he tells me I am talented, he tells me I am creative.

Most people know that I dream of writing a book someday.  Lately, Hubby has been really pushing me and encouraging me to get started on that.  Because he believes in me.  He recently has given me the nickname "T-Cakes".  Well, anything I could ever possibly accomplish will be a team effort.  Team T-Cakes.  Him and me, all the way.

And when (not if) I publish that first book, you can bet YOUR t-cakes it will be dedicated to him.

NaBloPoMo November