Sunday, November 24, 2013

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

Are you good at what you do? What would you like to be better at.

Am I good at what I do?  Well, I know there are plenty of people out there who do not think I do much of anything.  But the absolutely number one thing I do in my life is be a wife.  This is not anti feminist, I chose to make wife my full time vocation.  Not because I have to, or because I have no other options, but because I want to.  Shortly after we married, we made the decision that it no longer made sense for me to continue in my full time job.  It was a choice we made together.  So I embraced my role as housewife.

Untitled

Some parts of that job are things at which I am great.  Cooking is probably my greatest job related skill.  I love to cook, Hubby loves having a wife that cooks, so it works out well.  By cooking most of our meals home made, I save money, and make it easier to insure we are putting healthy, nourishing food in our bodies.  Am I perfect at it?  Nope, there is always room for growth and improvement.  Along with the cooking, I do the majority of the shopping for the household, both food and goods.  I like grocery shopping, not so much clothing shopping, but I have gotten to where I am good at both, in terms of both efficiency and thrift.  Cleaning, well, I am not one of those women who loves to clean.  Our house is clean, but often cluttered (mostly with books).  I do somewhat enjoy doing laundry, I just dislike putting away the clothes once clean, mostly because we do not have room for them all.  Hubby and I split dishes and laundry, as well as pet related duties.  So, if I were given a work evaluation on my job as a housewife, I think I would meet or exceed expectations in all areas.  But again, there is certainly room for improvement, and hopefully I improve every year.

Beyond my main role as housewife, there are plenty of other things I do.  I am a crafter, an amateur photographer, a writer, a fund raiser, a community advocate, and an advisor.  These are all things that I really enjoy doing, and according to the feedback I have gotten over the years, I do them well.  Of my hobbies, I really want to improve my writing skills (something I am starting to work at) and my photography skills.

I will soon be starting a new role, working at a local library.  Everyone seems to think I am going to do a wonderful job at this, so I hope they are right.  I can tell you that I am incredibly excited, and have a million ideas brewing up in my brain.  Thank goodness for Pinterest, right?

So, what do I do?  I live my life, and I try to do it in the very best way possible, full of optimism, joy, love, and kindness.  That does not mean I do not wish I could be better.  Every day is a balance of gratitude for the abundance of blessings in my life, and a desire to use those blessings in even greater ways.

NaBloPoMo November