Friday, November 15, 2013

Bad Habits and Flaws, According to Hubby

If you could quit one bad habit instantly without difficulty, which would it be?

I will admit that I had a hard time with this one.  It is not that I do not think I have no bad habits; I have tons of bad habits.  But I actually kind of enjoy most of them.  I swear.  I eat ice cream for dinner sometimes.  I am usually in the progress of reading 4-6 different books.  I push my favorite band on anyone who will listen. Even the bad habits that I do not enjoy per se are still not ones that I really care if they stop or not.  Things like leaving too many shoes in the entryway, letting junk mail accumulate, never really having all my clean clothes put away.  To me, these things are minor.  I just have so many other things I would rather be doing than worrying about these minor bad habits.

So, in order to fulfill this writing exercise, I enlisted the help of Hubby.  I asked him to make me a list of my 5 worst bad habits or flaws.  This is the list he gave me.

Untitled


First off, there are only 4.  He said that is all he could think of.  How sweet is that?  That, right there, is a sign of unconditional, true love.  And let's take a look at the 4 he came up with.

Doesn't give herself enough credit for creativity and should start writing.
I have been saying for years that I wanted to write a book.  And for years, people have been telling me I should write a book, maybe multiple books.  And I really want to.  But I am too scared to take the leap.  What if I am terrible?  What if people hate what I write?  What if no one buys it?  What if I try, and I just cannot.  So, I continue to put it off.

Watches too much Snapped.
I love the show Snapped, from the Oxygen Channel.  It is about some women going totally off of their beanpoles and killing people, typically the men in their lives.  The show creeps Hubby out, and he hates when I watch marathons of it.

Puts mushrooms in too many things.
I literally laughed out loud when I read this one.  You see, Hubby hates mushrooms.  I love them.  And I am the one who does all the cooking.  I think I have made it my secret quest to get Hubby to like them, so I tend to slip them into a lot of things I cook.  Sometimes I try to do it secretly and see if he notices (he always does).  He always says he does not care, and is willing to pick them out, but he must care a little bit, since this made the list.

Enables weiner dogs.
This is one we are both guilty of.  We have 2 dachshunds, and we spoil them silly.  As I am typing this, the dogs are snuggled into bed with me.

So, since these are my options, I think the thing I would most like to change is the first one.  I wish I did have more confidence in myself, and my ability to write something of quality.  I wish I had no fear.  I wish I could just sit down and pour my heart and soul into the screen.  Maybe someday I will.

Still, if these are what Hubby considers my worst bad habits and flaws, I must be doing ok in life.