Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tiffany's Tuesday Tunes: G is for Gold

Autumn has always been my favorite season.  I love everything about it.  The air gets cooler in the mornings, so sunrises are crisp, often with mist rising up.  My wedding anniversary is in the fall, so we always do something fun to celebrate.  As Halloween creeps closer, we enjoy spooky attractions and scary movies.  And I have a legitimate excuse to put pumpkin into practically everything I cook. So, yeah, fall is pretty awesome.

Untitled

But my absolute favorite thing about fall is the changing color of the landscape.  I live in an area that remains pretty green for the whole spring and summer.  We are surrounded by wooded hills, and lots of farm land, so come autumn, that lush greenness of the world turns varying, brilliant shades of gold.  The freshly baled hay and the newly harvested fields take on halcyon hues.  The leaves are gilded with shades of red and yellow.  Even the sunshine embodies a deeper, richer, amber tone.  And between the Penguins, Pirates, Steelers, and a giant rubber duck, gold is all over the city of Pittsburgh.  We always take some time, each autumn, to go on long leaf peeper car drives, and take tons of pictures.  The autumn landscape of western Pennsylvania is, in my humble opinion, one of the best reasons to live here.  It makes me feel warm and cozy, and heaven knows I need to store up that feeling to get ready for the winter ahead.  So this week's playlist celebrates the blonde beauty of the fall.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  Personally, I think it is pure gold.