Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful for.... NaBloPoMo

typewriter In the past, I have participated in National Blog Poster's Month, otherwise known as NaBloPoMo.  I was not going to do it this year, but Hubby has motivated me, as he is participating over on his blog.  November is also the month where people participate in 30 days of Thankfulness.  So, being the mathematical whiz that I am, I have decided to combine the two, and kill two birds with one stone.

So, Day 1, I am thankful for NaBloPoMo.  I am thankful that I am able to blog as a way to express myself, and I am thankful for a blogging community that "gets" why I blog.  Not everyone is into blogging, so not everyone understands why I am passionate about blogging.  I am not a painter, or sculptor, or musician.  I am a blogger, a writer, and this is my medium.  This is my way of sharing myself with the world.  I love sharing my thoughts, feelings, struggles, joys, tips, and jokes with people who are a part of my blogging circle of friends.  I love that blogging allows life long friends to see a different side of me, and allows new people to become my friends.

Every now and then, I get very lax at blogging (my one blog is nearly extinct these days).  NaBloPoMo motivates me to be energized about blogging again, and to try to create new, fresh, engaging content.  It pushes me to try to do great things with my blog, to help facilitate change, to raise awareness of worthy causes, to dig deep and grow.

So, today, I am thankful for a month to explore my thoughts, and my blessings, and share them with you.