Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful for... everything else

IMG_4134Such a general title.  Seems like a bit of a copout right?  But it really is true.  Throughout the past month, I have highlighted some things that some people may not always think to be thankful for.  And I tried to highlight people who are less fortunate, or in need, and the organizations who are doing great charitable work.  But 30 days is not nearly enough time to talk about all the things for which I am truly thankful.

In fact, I could do a thankful post every day for the rest of my life, and still not have enough days to give thanks.  There is just so much in my life for which I am thankful.  All of the typical things- husband, home, pets, family, friends.  But there are so many other things that I am thankful for as well.  All of the sadnesses, struggles, disappointments, the lost opportunities.  While it sounds crazy to be thankful for things most people see as negative, I simply must be.  You see, everything in my life, whether joyful or sorrowful, positive or negative, have led me to the place I am in at this very moment.  And that, my friends, is a pretty amazing place.  A place I love.  So, for all of it, every last bit, I am so, so thankful.

typewriter