Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cartoons by Hubby: Knock Knock

Untitled
"Knock knock.  Can I invite you to a nightmare?"


The backstory: I suffer from bouts of terrible insomnia.  And right now I am in the midst of a terrible bout of it, due to a recent uptick in my coffee consumption.  I toss and turn, and I am always worried I will disturb Hubby once he is asleep.  So, it is not uncommon, once Hubby is off in dreamland, for me to go downstairs to read, watch Netflix, or play video games.  Last night was one of those nights, and I tried reading in bed, but I just was not getting sleepy.  I ended up going downstairs, piddling around, and lying on the couch to read.  I fell asleep on the couch, book in hand, sometime after 2 am.  Apparently, at some point, one of the dogs started tapping their nails on the bottom of the crate, and the light tap tap tap made its way into my dreams, spawning a nightmare.  I dreamed that someone was tapping on our door in the middle of the night, and getting no answer, they opened the door and walked into the house.  In the nightmare, I was lying on the couch and the intruder rushed over to me, presumably to do me harm, and it was at that time I noticed that the intruder had the body of a man, in an army coat, but the head of a dog.  It was terrifying, and I literally had to shake myself awake.

Hubby found the whole thing so humorous, he decided to represent my dream in cartoon form.

So.... sweet dreams.