Friday, September 2, 2011

Tiffany Trivia: What Creeps Me Out

Since it seems like not many people are reading my blog these days, I have decided to stray just slightly from my standard posts, and just post a little more about myself once in a while. This series is aptly called Tiffany Trivia.

Picture Source

Most people have something, or things, that really creep them out. Mice, snakes, spiders, horses. Those are some of the standard ones. Whether a lifelong fear, or in Hubby's case with horses, due to some unfortunate event, everyone has something that just weirds them out.

I have several. And they are all odd.

For the longest time, it was that stuuuuuuuuupid dancing baby from Ally McBeal. And I think anyone who did not find that at least a little creepy is lying to themselves.

But the thing that creeps me out worst of all now are these 5 pointed metal stars that everyone and their brother have hanging on their homes.

Picture Source

These things are all the rage in the country and primitive decorating set, but I just find the repugnant.  I have no reasoning for this, I generally like stars, but these are just, ick.  We even refer to them as "creepy stars".  I do not know why, and hope none of my readers (all 4 of you) who may have these will take offense.  They just give me the willies.

Another think I find creepy are these plantars made from kid's pants.  It looks like someone bisected a child and hot and threw geraniums on top of it.  Gross.
Picture Source


Along the same lines, those creepy little corner kids dolls.  They used to be all the rage a few years ago.  For me, the source of unparalleled nightmares.
Picture Source
Thank goodness this fad seems to have ended.

Oh goodness, imagine if a house had all three of these things.  It would be like a scarehouse for me.

And do not even get me started on those creeptastic Spitting Image puppets.
Picture Source.

The Genesis "Land of Confusion" video makes me shudder.

Is there anything weird like this that creeps any of you out?