Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday: As the deer

IMG_8994Psalm 42:1
As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.

Have you ever wanted something so bad, you felt it to the very depths of your soul?  As a child, was there a toy you wanted bad enough you would give anything to have it, sacrificing everything else, working as hard as possible to earn it?

What would you give to have your deepest wish desired?  Would you give that much for God?

This psalm talks about longing for God as much as the deer longs to drink from flowing streams.  Do you feel that same longing for Him?  I must confess, I do not always put God at the forefront of my wishes and desires.  It is simply my sinful, human nature.  I get wrapped up in the possessions and situations of this earthly kingdom, and forget about the perfection of the heavenly kingdom.  Often it takes me going through a long, rough patch of life to thirst for God as much as an animal thirsts for water.

It is my wish today that I be filled with a deep thirst for God, that I long to see Him at work in my life, and that  He become my greatest desire.