Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Snackwells Brownie Bites

I am a woman who loves chocolate.  And I love it even more when it is guilt free.  So, when I found out that Snackwells made Brownie Bites, I knew I had to try them.
IMG_9535


I have tried Snackwells items in the past, and while they do not taste exactly the same as their fat laden counterparts, they are usually a good substitution.  So, I anticipated these would be the same.
IMG_9537


First off, I liked the packaging.  I like small packs that are good for on the go, like 100 calorie packs.  Psychologically, we tend to eat until a bag or pack is empty, so by putting these in smaller packs, there is good portion control, and more likelihood that will power will be maintained.  Plus, I can toss a pack in my purse in case of a chocolate emergency.
IMG_9538


Each pack contains about 6 little brownie pieces, which probably equal the same weight as a Little Debbie brownie, and in all honesty, that is kind of what they tasted like as well, a Little Debbie brownie (without the nuts on top).  I found the taste to be pretty good, not overly chocolately, but sweet enough to satisfy.  It was the texture I found a little, well, off.  The bites have a little bit of icing or cream in the middle, but when you eat them, that gets lost or overpowered by the slightly hard, waxy consistency of the brownie part.  Not an awful texture, but not what I was expecting.
IMG_9541


Overall, these snacks were.... ok.  I would probably get them again if I were doing a pantry overhaul, and wanted a variety of healthy snack options.  But honestly, I would probably choose some of the other Snackwell products over these.