Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday!

IMG_7370
Sorry I have been quiet for a few days.  We were out of town on a short holiday in honor of my birthday!  We went to Erie, Pennsylvania.  I will be telling you more about it in a few days, but let me just say, we had a great time.  We came home today, and then tonight we got together with friends for cake and ice cream.

IMG_7365

Today has been so wonderful; I heard from so many family and friends, it really made me feel very loved.  And Hubby definitely outdid himself this year.  We of course had the trip, then when we got home, he gave me my gifts, which included some candy, a new Pens t shirt, an adorable doxie paperweight, a bokeh kit for my camera,  the video game Just Dance 2, and a necklace that I told him I wanted.  He got it personalized for me with the word Sunshine on it, because that has been his little pet name for me since before we dated (and I adore it!).
IMG_7368


We met up with our friends tonight to celebrate, and I loved the fact that our friends' son J was so excited about celebrating my birthday.  His mom told me that he picked out the cake, and helped her check out and pay for it. So adorable.  He also put all the candles in by himself, and after his mom lit them, he helped sing to me, and then of course I had him help me blow them out.
IMG_7378


IMG_7384


I look back at where I was a year ago, and can see how much I have grown, and how truly blessed I am.  Thank you all for your love and support, and here's to making this the best year yet!