Monday, April 25, 2011

Delicious Healthy Snack!

Today, I had the opportunity to review a new treat:  Newtons Fruit Thins.

IMG_7651


Now, I have never been a big fan of Fig Newtons because, well, I do not like figs.  But when I heard about these cookies, I decided to try them, because they were not only healthy, they were also fig free!  The flavor I chose was Blueberry Brown Sugar.

IMG_7650


The first thing I noticed was the info on the packaging.  One serving was 3 cookies, containing 140 calories, with 5 grams of fat and 2 grams of fiber.  That is not too shabby for cookies, as long as they are good.

IMG_7652


Next I noticed that these cookies had appeal for those in stricter diets.  They contain real fruit, whole grain, and NO high fructose corn syrup.  So, in other words, Moms can feel good about giving these to their little ones.

IMG_7657


But, how would they taste?  I decided to dive in.  As I opened the package, I noticed the cookies smelled like real blueberries, which is always a plus.  The smell was sweet, and fresh, like homemade blueberry muffins.  I was getting really excited by this point.

IMG_7654


I got the recommended serving of three cookies.  I immediately noticed that their thin, crunchy texture reminded me of what the British call biscuits, so I paired them with a cup of chai tea.  Finally, time for my first taste.  I took a nibble, and was pleasantly surprised.  They were delicious!  They are very flavorful, and the serving of 3 cookies is just enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.  They held up well being dipped into my tea as well.

IMG_7658


I am happy to say, I am a huge fan of these cookies, and so is Hubby. And since he is suspicious of anything healthy, fruity, and with no chocolate components, that is saying a lot! I will definitely be getting these again, and most likely will try the other flavors they have out as well.

I was given a package of these to review as part of the Amazon Vine program.  All opinions are 100% honest and original.