Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jumpin Jamba!

IMG_6192
I will admit it, I am a energy drink addict. But I hate how much sugar they have, and many have an unpleasant aftertaste. So, I am always a little hesitant to try a new brand. But take it from me, no one should hesitate to try Jamba Juice.

I had an opportunity to try the Strawberry Banana flavored Jamba Juice Energy Drink.
IMG_6193

The first thing I noticed was that this seemed healthier than many other energy drinks. At only 90 calories, this fit in well with my current weight loss plan, and was a nice addition to my afternoon snack. There are 20 grams of sugar in the drink, which is lower than other energy drinks, but with other energy drinks, I usually opt for sugar free.
IMG_6194


Now, I am sure you are thinking, ok, but how did it taste... well, as I opened the can, I was not sure what to expect. It says serve chilled, so since I only refrigerated it for a couple of hours, I poured it into a glass with some ice.
IMG_6199

 I immediately noticed the delicious smell, and that it was not clear, but instead opaque. I hesitantly took a sip and realized that this was delicious. No "chemical" taste, no artificial essences to it. It tasted crisp, and was bursting with flavor.
IMG_6198


I savored each drop of the juice. In terms of an "energy drink" I felt about the same as I did with other drinks, caffeine does not always affect me too much. People sensitive to caffeine might feel the pep a lot more, and this might not be the right drink for them. Also, the drink is not intended to pregnant women (probably not anyone nursing either) or children.

IMG_6201

My only caution is do not confuse this with juice; it is so tasty that you might easily drink too much of it, and ingest a large amount of caffeine. Before buying, definitely take a look at the sugar, calories, and caffeine per serving to make sure this is the right choice for you.

As for me, I would love to try some of the other flavors out there, and see if they are as delicious as this one!


I received a sample of this product for review courtesy of the Amazon Vine program. All opinions are 100% honest and original.