Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Magical Event

The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? ~J.B. Priestley

Well, it's that time of year again.  Time for snow.  And if it keeps up at this pace I will be sick of it soon.  When we had all the snow at the beginning of the year I nearly lost my mind.  But right now, this is the first big snow of the season, so there is still some magic to it.  It still looks beautiful, and kids are still excited about snow days.  The possibility of a white Christmas has many of us excited.

I worry about snow because Hubby drives far for work, so this time of year makes me nervous for him.  Each morning I tell him to text me when he gets to work, and each morning he forgets, until I break down and check on him.  Today was no exception.  So while I was waiting to see if he got to work ok, I decided to try to capture some of the magic of this snow, so I would remember it when I am complaining about snow in a month or so.




It was not even dawn yet, and it was really really cold.  This little excursion has sent me diving under the duvet for the rest of the day.  With the exception of doggie breaks.

And while it was way too cold for me to make any snow angels, I found a way to remember the greatest angel in my life.

Be safe Hubby, I love you, and I will see you soon.