Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Beginning...

to look a lot like Christmas!

Yes, that is right readers, 3 viewings of White Christmas later, I do have my tree up and decorated!  We opted to put it in the dining room this year, to help keep the pets from fussing with it.  This is Dex's first time around a Christmas tree, so we want to avoid as much disaster as possible.  So far, he has been very well behaved, mostly because he is scared of it.

Yesterday, before the game came on, Hubby and I decorated the tree.  This tree is special because our first Christmas together, when we were just dating, Hubby bought me the tree.  I did not have one, because I was afraid Nora would destroy it.  I had given my old tree and decorations to my parents to use, and was content to not have one.  But with Hubby, then Boyfriend, around to make my holidays so much brighter, a tree seemed necessary.  However, money was tight, and I could not afford to buy a new tree and decorations.  Boyfriend surprised me one day by lugging a tree into my apartment, then taking me shopping for decorations.  We still use the same tree and decorations.  Each year, we add a couple more ornaments.  I love our tree, and what it symbolizes.  This is just one of the many ways we are able to express our love and devotion to each other, and it makes me so happy that Hubby and I decorated our tree the same way we do everything else in life- together.