Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday: Principalities and Powers

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work
Titus 3:1

As a rule, I do not write much about politics on my blog, not because I am not interested, but because I do not want to force my views on anyone.  And that is not going to change.  But I would be remiss if I did not discuss the recent mid term elections that occurred, and the big chances that it will mean for many areas of our nation.  Some are rejoicing the change, some are mourning it.  But for me, no matter what side of the political fence you are one, the most important thing at a time like this is to remain faithful to God.  Pray to Him unceasingly for the wisdom of our elected leaders, pray for the necessary changes that have and will occur under our President and Congress, pray for healing and unity among our people.

It breaks my heart when I hear people make blanket statements about any political affiliation.  Not all progressives/liberals/Democrats are pinko commies, and not all Conservatives/Republicans are racist homophobes.  I pray that God may direct us all to the middle.

No matter what letter comes after your candidates' names, be it an R or a D, remember the promise of God that He grants power to specific people for specific purposes.  We may not understand it, and we certainly may not like it, but imagine how much peace we will feel if we simply trust in that promise.