Sunday, October 17, 2010

Unexpected Deliciousness!

Over the weekend, Hubby and I took a little road trip, and stopped at a restaurant, where he ordered come Cajun Chicken Nachos.  He waited with breathless anticipation, since he loves all things Cajun, only to be disappointed when the dish appeared and was nothing more than grilled chicken, chips, cheese, and banana peppers.  Not bad, but definitely not Cajun.

Today, in an attempt to do something extra super special nice for Hubby, I decided to make him some REAL Cajun Chicken Nachos!


They were awesome, and so easy.  Not terribly unhealthy either.  So, I decided to share the recipe with you all!

I took a package of chicken tenders, and marinated them in A1 Cajun marinate for about 3 hours in the fridge.  Then I cut the tenders into bite sized pieces, and cooked in a skillet on the stove.  After the chicken was completely cooked, I set it to the side.

I then took a large cookie sheet, and covered with reduced fat tortilla chips.  Over the chips, I spread (as much as I could) some fat free refried beans.  Next, I spooned over a can of diced tomatoes with green chillis.  Then I spooned the chicken over.  On 3/4 of the pan, I put a generous amount of jalapeno peppers, but on the remaining 1/4 I put no peppers (this section was for me).  Then, I the equivalent of one bag of Sargento reduced fat mexican blend cheese all over the top.

I put these in a 400 degree oven for about 7 minutes, until the cheese was melty.  It was perfection!



Hubby was so delighted with them, he wants me to make them for the crew sometime for a football game.  I had to go ahead and share this great find with you all!  This would be a great add to a Superbowl Party lineup!