Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It Made My Day- Whiteboard

When Hubby and I first moved in, we got a white board to hang in the kitchen.  That way, we could jot down important reminders, grocery lists, and notes for each other in a place where both could easily see it.  It is hard to miss the white board, because of the way our kitchen is designed.  Over the months, we have gotten into the habit of leaving little drawings and things for each other on it, just to be silly.  But lately, because we are usually home at the same time, and almost always in the same room, the white board has been blank, with the exception of Dex's heartworm pill reminder.

This morning, I slept in.  I was up late reading and writing last night, so in some ways I am not surprised.  I woke up momentarily to kiss Hubby goodbye (I think I did, I was pretty groggy, may have been a dream) then went back to sleep for 2 more hours.  I must have needed it, because I woke up feeling great, and surprisingly not hungry at all.  So I came down, fed the dog, took a bath, puttered around, and before you know it, 2 hours had passed and I never ate or drank a thing, so I never went into the kitchen.  Even though I was not hungry, I decided it was probably a good idea to eat something, to keep my energy up, so I decided to eat something light.  I get into the kitchen, glance at the white board, and this is what I saw:
Just a simple I love you.  That is all it really takes.

I love you too Hubby.  It made my day.