Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Today is my Mommy and Daddy's wedding anniversary.  Since I do not live in the same area as them, and would not be able to go visit them for their anniversary, I decided Hubby and I would make up a little anniversary gift care package and send it to them.  The theme was Date Night: Dinner and a Movie.

This is the note I put in the box:
"Date night: Inside this box, you will find everything needed for a romantic dinner and a movie date night.  The only thing missing is you.  So cook up this healthy meal, including dessert, then dim the lights and enjoy the movie.  Happy Anniversary!  Have fun on your date!  Love, Tiffany and Stephen".

Then the box contained the following items with little notes:
"Whole grain pasta for your dinner!  Healthy and delicious enough to make you say Mama Mia!"

I wrapped the sauce up to make sure it did not get broken.  "Every pasta dish should be accompanies with a rich sauce.  So let's get SAUCY".


"After a healthy dinner, you deserve a little dessert.  Only 2 points!"

The movies Valentine's Day and Did You Hear About the Morgans. "A romantic comedy double feature.  Dim the lights, snuggle up, and smooch during the mushy parts".

"Can't have a movie date without popcorn!  This is a healthy, low point version too!"

"Movie Candy! (to munch and share)"

Dark chocolate Hershey kisses.  "Every good date...needs a few kisses".

When they got the package in the mail, they called me to let me know how much they loved it.  It was fun to put together, and I loved doing something a little different for them!  I hope they spend tonight having their date, and knowing how grateful I am that they are my parents!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!