Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bitten by the home improvement bug

Hubby and I are coming up on the one year anniversary of closing on our house and moving in.  I have told you about a couple home improvements we have made already this summer, and I am itching to do more.

I would like to get our bathroom redone, I have all the paint and stuff already.

We also need to do something with the spare bedroom.  Because it was the children's bedroom for the previous owners, the walls are painted bright blue and yellow, as in the primary shades.  Ick.  I keep thinking about all the colors it should or could be instead.

I think I will first start with new bedding, and go from there, though this is not going to happen anytime soon.  Still a girl can dream.  I decided to do some Windows shopping (my term for online browsing, you like it?) and found some amazing stuff.  I hopped on over to look for a chenille bedspread over at Become.com.

I was immediately in heaven!  There are so many gorgeous products on their website, and I love the way it is organized.  You can browse by color, bed size, material (such as the chenille bedspread I was searching for), brand, and/or price.  Become.com is great because it allows one shop price comparison shopping, sort of like a meta search engine for products.  One of the bedspreads I loved was by L.L. Bean, so when I clicked on it, I was take to their website


This is a great way to find new products, or new stores, without having to scour the internet.  I also love the fact that Become.com shows you fantastic bargains!  I found a lovely Wedding Ring  pattern Chenille Bedspread on there, and when I went to the direct merchant's website, it was even lower than I expected, because the website was having a big sale!

You can bet that I added Become.com to my bookmarks, and will probably use it to do a lot of my holiday shopping.  For anyone who does a lot of online shopping, I highly recommend Become.com because it is easy to use, convenient one stop comparison shopping, and shows you lots of great deals.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to bet back to browsing!