Monday, April 26, 2010

Chocolate is nature’s way of making up for Mondays

It's Monday, and it's raining. I have not been able to get out an explore my town for a few days because of nasty weather, and I have almost finished writing about our trip, so I was worried I would have nothing to write about. A trip to the Shop N Save proved me wrong!

Hubby once told me that he loved Wonka bars, and was surprised I had never had one. I have had other Wonka candies, like everlasting gobstoppers, and laffy taffy, but not the chocolate bars. So when I stumbled across this triple crown of awesomeness in the store, I knew I had to get it for him:


I know the picture is a little crappy, so I pulled some off the website to give you a better idea of the bliss he has coming....

First, we have the Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate bar. The big Wonka W is pressed into the candy, and it is scored (for sharing? no way) into squares. The luscious chocolate contains pieces of buttery toffee, peanuts, and cookies.






Next we have the Chocolate Waterfall bar. This contains swirled white chocolate and milk chocolate. It sure looks pretty!







Finally, we have the Domed Double Decker Chocolate bar, which to me sounds like the best of the three, dark chocolate squares topped with milk chocolate medallions.








Now, not only is he getting these candy bars, but each one contains a chance to find the golden ticket for an opportunity to travel the world (no joke). I saw these and just knew I had to get them for Hubby. He totally deserves them.

By the way, me feeling like Hubby earned a treat (and the fact that I bought a second set of the bars for myself) has absolutely nothing, I assure you, to do with the fact that I also purchased this:



I love you Hubby, sorry for being such a Crankosaurus these past few days!